Notice

As those of you who have been following this blog have probably picked up, it is no longer active. The existing posts will stay up for reference, but I am no longer adding new content. Thanks for a fun two years! ~Tamara

Friday, October 30, 2009

Chicken "Curry"

The other day I discovered another keeper for my "recipes with quotation marks" collection. I've found my dinners boring lately--it seems like a never-ending cycle of stir fry, pasta, and fish. I wanted to try something new, preferably with chicken, because I have a ton of tenderloins hanging out in my freezer and all the recipes I know for them are lame. Tess to the rescue!

The "curry" I made based on her post should really have multiple quotations around it. As Tess explained in her introduction, the Japanese recipe is a ripoff of the English recipe ripped off from India. In turn, I have modified the Japanese recipe to fit my American quick-cooking needs. The dish was still amazing, though!

Tamara's "Curry"
(Makes 1 serving)
-1/8 an onion, chopped
-2 chicken tenderloins or 1 breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
-1/2 a Gala or other sweet apple
-curry powder (or a mixture of coriander, tumeric, cumin, garlic, black pepper etc.)
-ginger powder
-soy sauce

Heat a small saucepan and spray with canola oil. Saute the onions until translucent, then add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the outside of the meat is no longer pink. Grate the apple and add it to the chicken along with the curry, ginger, and a small splash of soy sauce. Lower heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until the liquid from the apple has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice.

1 comment:

  1. mmm i love apple in curry, but i always forget to put it in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Input is greatly appreciated.